The University of Iowa College of Law, founded in 1865, was the first public law school west of the Mississippi River. Throughout our long history, we have counted many distinguished members of the federal, state, and tribal judiciaries among our graduates and faculty. We produced one of the first women to graduate from any law school in the nation, one of the earliest African American law school graduates, and the first United States Attorney of American Indian ancestry. Our college also was a founding member of the Association of American Law Schools in 1929.
Currently ranked 20th in the nation overall by U.S. News & World Report, we are committed to exceptional scholarship; innovative teaching; and service to local, state, national, and international communities.
Investing in the Future
Annual support at every level is crucial to maintaining the quality of our programs. We have established a Dean’s Club to recognize individuals and organizations who provide generous annual support to the Law School Annual Fund and other college-wide resources.
- Your support will keep the law profession accessible to students who would not otherwise be able to afford law school. We encourage our alumni and friends to invest in student support, such as the Endowed Scholarship Fund for Law, so that we can continue to compete for the nation’s top students.
- Your support provides experiential learning opportunities. Sixty law students received summer stipends in 2017 that enabled them to participate in important service projects and gain valuable experience without accruing additional debt.
- Your support allows Iowa Law students to graduate with the lowest average student debt load of any of the other top 25 ranked law schools. Your generosity will help keep this number at almost $74,000, well below the national average of $132,000.
- Your support provides our faculty with opportunities to conduct research and train the next generation of legal minds.
Dean’s Club Membership and Benefits
Our Dean’s Club is comprised of our most generous and loyal donors. Donors who contribute $1,000 or more annually to Iowa Law achieve Dean’s Club status.
Membership comes with benefits. In addition to knowing that you’re helping us maintain our history of excellence—and educating and inspiring the next generation of Iowa Law students—you will also have access to other benefits:
- Exclusive invitations to special events, including the annual Levitt Lecture and Dinner
- Complimentary tickets to the annual alumni-awards ceremony and brunch during Law Reunion Weekend
- Access to reserved parking at the Boyd Law Building during home football games, as available
- Invitations to meet with Iowa Law and university leadership at national events
In addition to these UI College of Law honor clubs, the University of Iowa Center for Advancement has a variety of programs that recognize the generosity of contributors throughout the university. Learn more about university-wide honor clubs.
For more information, contact: Rod Schultz, Executive Director of Development, College of Law firstname.lastname@example.org, (319) 467-3430
August 23, 2017
August 21, 2017
August 3, 2017